Given that it’s now just under 5 weeks until I fly to Las Vegas not just for re:Invent but also for a much needed vacation – I’ve now planned out my sessions for the conference. I appear to have been one of the lucky people that was actually able to login to the Web App for the reserved seating as I’ve pretty much been able to reserve a seat in the majority of sessions I wanted to attend.
Unfortunately if you’ve been following #reinvent on twitter over the last 24 hours it’s become apparent that there were significant issues with people receiving a variety of errors and either not being able to reserve a seat or once they had managed to login the seating had become full on the sessions that those people were hoping to attend.
One thing that I personally noticed that after I had decided my schedule following AWS pre-launch of the actual schedule which was a week before the reserved seating opened; AWS had then changed some of the session times which in turn has made me re-evaluate which session I’d rather attend and what I’ll catch up with on youtube at a later date.
As the event is based all over the Las Vegas strip this year (as you can see from the picture), the majority of the sessions that I’ll be attending are split across the MGM Grand and Venetian.
My schedule is as follows:
- 10:00 – 11:00 @ MGM Grand – ENT302 – Optimizing Cost as You Scale on AWS
- 11:30 – 12:30 @ MGM Grand – WIN302 – Deep Dive on Active Directory – From One to Many AWS Regions
- 14:30 – 15:30 @ Venetian – DVC302 – And You Thought You Knew Amazon EC2
- 16:45 – 17:45 @ Venetian – RET304 – Rapidly Respond to Demanding Retail Customer with the Same Serverless Architecture That Powers Amazon Fresh
- 19:00 – 20:00 @ Venetian – STG302 – Best Practices for Amazon S3
- 07:00 – 08:00 @ Venetian – ARC304 – From One to Many: Evolving VPC Design
- 09:00 – 17:00 @ Mirage – BCP07 – Certification Exam Readiness Solutions Architect Professional
- 08:00 – 10:30 @ Venetian – Andy Jassy Keynote
- 11:30 – 12:30 @ MGM Grand- SID401 – Let’s Dive Deep Together: Advancing Web Application Security
- 13:00 – 14:00 @ MGM Grand – WIN306 – Design, Deploy, and Optimize Microsoft SQL Server on AWS
- 15:15 – 17:45 @ MGM Grand – SID311 – Designing Security and Governance Across a Multi-Account Strategy
- 17:30 – 19:30 @ MGM Grand or Venetian – Pub Crawl
- 08:30 – 10:30 @ MGM Grand – Werner Vogels Keynote
- 11:30 – 15:30 @ Linq Lot – All-In Jam
- 16:45 – 17:45 @ Venetian – NET307 – Troubleshooting AWS Direct Connect and VPN on AWS
- 20:00 – 00:00 @ Linq Lot – re:Play Party
- 11:00 – 14:00 @ Mirage – Solution Architect Professional Exam
So all in all it’s quite a packed week although I do have some free time to go around the Global Partner Conference and Network/Socialise with others attending the conference. If you’re also attending re:Invent – then please feel free to come and have a chat.
From a preparation perspective for the Solution Architect Professional Exam – I think it’s gone really well so far, and I’ve watched a lot of 2016 re:Invent videos on youtube as well as reading the AWS documentation and surprisingly I can’t believe how much of it has actually sunk in. I’m planning on reading some of the whitepapers again whilst on the flight from the UK (given it’s the best part of 10 hours) to just keep some of it fresh in my mind.
I’m sorry I’ve not had the time to post any additional practice questions recently as my time has been heavily consumed with a project at work for an enterprise scale migration into AWS for one of our clients and if it’s not that I’ve been focusing on my own study. I will endeavour to share some more when time permits.
Even though I’m sitting the exam on the last day of re:Invent – I’m still planning on having a great time at the re:Play party and that’s why I’ve kept my schedule clear for some last minute study before I go and sit the exam.
That’s all for now, until next time.